all my little plans and schemes - nothing but a bunch of dreams. all i really needed to do - was maybe some love. i don't expect you to understand - the kingdom of heaven is in your hand. i don't expect you to wake from your dreams - too late for pride now it seems. why must we be alone? it's real, love - yes, it's real. -- john lennon

Thursday, July 19, 2007

paul simon, get in my belly

I hear the drizzle of the rain
Like a memory it falls
Soft and warm, continuing
Tapping on my roof and walls

And from the shelter of my mind
Through the window of my eyes
I gaze beyond the rain-drenched streets
To England, where my heart lies

My mind's distracted and diffused
My thoughts are many miles away
They lie with you when you're asleep
And kiss you as you start your day

A song I've been writing is left undone
I don't know why I waste my time
Writing songs I can't believe
With words that tear and strain to rhyme

So you see I've come to doubt
All that I once held as true
I stand alone without beliefs
The only truth I know is you

As I watch the drops of rain
Weave their weary paths and die
I know that I am like the rain
Here before the grace of you go I

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home