all my little plans and schemes - nothing but a bunch of dreams. all i really needed to do - was maybe some love. i don't expect you to understand - the kingdom of heaven is in your hand. i don't expect you to wake from your dreams - too late for pride now it seems. why must we be alone? it's real, love - yes, it's real. -- john lennon

Sunday, July 15, 2007

beavers and ducks

All good professors move to Indiana. There could be a connection, although while Dr. Quest and Jakey conspicuously went to the same grad school there's something nagging in my head that they probably aren't secretly a duo of bank robbers relocating to a place that has more banks than Iowa, but I'm trying to keep an open mind.

In any case, I am minus a violin teacher so that's good. Is it messed up that my first reaction was something to the effect of...

Maybe I shouldn't be a violinist...maybe I should audition on voice....

How effed up is that, honestly? Why do I only do things to meet other people's expectations instead of figuring out my own? Am I seriously only doing this because he wanted me to? I hate this I hate it really really I do.

I really need to ring up a certain professor whose ensemble I recently quit... to arrange to take lessons with Dr. Kim... but he hasn't gotten back to me about the whole band thing yet so I'm not sure if he's giving me the cold shoulder or what. I have been screaming profanities in my head for the past three hours but I'm trying to cut back on my augmentingly poor language habits... so FRICKITY FRICK FRICK FRICK I have never been so stressed out in my LIFE.

I live vicariously through dead former Liverpudlian rock stars which is mostly why I have a difficult time getting anywhere.



Oh, and P.S., for the first time since school got out I am BACK in my man-pants and holy CRAP does my arse feel free. Screw looking like a girl, these pants are WORTH people asking me if I'm a he or a she. Eagle!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home