all my little plans and schemes - nothing but a bunch of dreams. all i really needed to do - was maybe some love. i don't expect you to understand - the kingdom of heaven is in your hand. i don't expect you to wake from your dreams - too late for pride now it seems. why must we be alone? it's real, love - yes, it's real. -- john lennon

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

old roger draft dodger

Does anyone else notice that there are only two and a half weeks left of summer?

I am getting in observation hours like mad... soon they will be gone... ALL GONE... four more days with adorable Latino kids + three days of marching band = HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've finally sucked it up and started GRE prep... I really hope this thing doesn't kick my ass too badly. Although one school I'm looking at - Cleveland Institute of Music - requires an entrance exam in music history/theory instead of GRE, and I'm possibly even more worried about that. I'm hoping I can make the Army pay for the GRE... but hey, what's a couple hundred bucks when I'm about to be gazillions of dollars in debt anyway?

In other news, I love British people. I love them. I have been watching my fill of BBC America and it makes me completely sad that I live here and not there. There's always the possiblity of going to the Liverpool Institute for Performing Arts (Paul founded it!) although it costs an arm and a leg and is supposedly a crappy school. And they don't really have a MA program in performance, but they do have one in "Community Music", whatever that is. But Paul does periodically make visits there so I'm thinking it's worth going AWOL from the Army and hitchhiking to Beatledom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home