all my little plans and schemes - nothing but a bunch of dreams. all i really needed to do - was maybe some love. i don't expect you to understand - the kingdom of heaven is in your hand. i don't expect you to wake from your dreams - too late for pride now it seems. why must we be alone? it's real, love - yes, it's real. -- john lennon

Thursday, August 30, 2007

take what you have gathered from coincidence

I am thoroughly enjoying my philosophy class. For realio. Maybe I should change my major. I wrote a paper for most of the evening and I enjoyed it.



I did it, finally, despite the strikingly unhelpful trip to the career center thingy yesterday - I registered for the GRE. I paid my huge amount of money that I don't have. I am taking it in three and a half weeks. I am study study studying and holy crap is my math rusty. You would think, right, that finally, at last, in GRAD SCHOOL I would get to stop studying things that have NOTHING to do with my field of study, but who am I to decide?



Violin lesson tomorrow. Slightly apprehensive. Voice lesson Friday. Significantly more apprehensive, given my lack of preparation and my pre-recital jury in five weeks. Cello lesson also on Friday. Slightly... bemused?



I had a panini from the snack bar, LAMELY named "The Hub at N-Dub". Every time I hear the name my soul dies a little. Honestly. But the panini was darn tasty. Not to mention free, or at least pre-paid.



And, finally, I'm playing in the Sioux City Symphony concert in a few weeks and they put me in the first section. It's nice to finally have affirmation of some kind of competence. Now I just need to actually feel competent.



You will NEVER guess who is playing at the Qwest Center in Omaha on October 26th, the very two-year anniversary of when Jenna and I saw Paul McC - yes, it's the one and only indomitable Robert Zimmerman, freshly returned from New Zealand. We're trying very very very very very hard to be able to go. Holy holy CRAPSTERS that would be amazing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ruthie said...

Uhhhh... who is Robert Zimmerman? And why do I think you told me earlier it was Bob Dylan?

I am so glad you're playing with the Sioux City Symphony!! Yeay! What are you playing?

5:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home