all my little plans and schemes - nothing but a bunch of dreams. all i really needed to do - was maybe some love. i don't expect you to understand - the kingdom of heaven is in your hand. i don't expect you to wake from your dreams - too late for pride now it seems. why must we be alone? it's real, love - yes, it's real. -- john lennon

Friday, August 17, 2007

goodnight and good luck

I'm leaving tomorrow. I guess I've accomplished a few things this summer; namely, a newfound infatuation with Don McLean, a considerable amount of time watching Scrubs, lots of observation hours... and some time actually feeling confident as a violin teacher. Even though all my students are about a foot taller than me.

I'll just say as I enter my last year at NWC: I have never been more freaked the hell out. I'm hanging out with Sara and Justine tonight for the last time until God knows when. I'm about to start the audition process for a number of grad schools that likely are way over my head, and here I am scared of my Symphonette audition in front of the big bad new director who is one of the nicest guys I've ever talked to. I need to grow some self esteem. Game over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home