all my little plans and schemes - nothing but a bunch of dreams. all i really needed to do - was maybe some love. i don't expect you to understand - the kingdom of heaven is in your hand. i don't expect you to wake from your dreams - too late for pride now it seems. why must we be alone? it's real, love - yes, it's real. -- john lennon

Thursday, August 23, 2007

looking-glass ties

I'm back here. I have a yellow senior class, uh, sweat band, for clash of the classes that I'm currently using as one of those wrist cushions for my computer mouse so I don't get tendonitis. Or make my tendonitis worse. Whatever.


I may possibly have the most awesome courseload of ALL TIME. Although it's only day two so I can't say for sure. All I can tell you is that today I had fifty - count them - fifty - minutes of class. All day. All effing day. I read a book for fun and visited a friend. I didn't freak out when I had to take extra time to run to Alco or wait in line for lunch. Oh hell yes this is the life. It is not yet 11:30 and I am thinking to myself... bedtime? Who knows? No class til 9:25... I may just get ten hours of sleep tonight.

As more and more friends sell their lives to engagement/marriage... I realize more and more that I am in NO WAY cut out for that. There is so much blocking that path I can't see any light peeking though at all. Holy crapface.

The longer I'm here, the more I think to myself... Thank God I'm not in band. I can't even explain it, but it makes the idea of college so much more appealing. What a strange phenomenon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ruthie said...

Yeay! Sounds like my senior year. So relaxing and laid-back, the way things were for almost all my non-music major friends all four years. Stupid music major.

9:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home