all my little plans and schemes - nothing but a bunch of dreams. all i really needed to do - was maybe some love. i don't expect you to understand - the kingdom of heaven is in your hand. i don't expect you to wake from your dreams - too late for pride now it seems. why must we be alone? it's real, love - yes, it's real. -- john lennon

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

the downside of ambition

it's funny how a year ago i thought that an hour of practice time per day was pushing it. then it came to my attention, a few months into lessons, that i should be practicing at least three hours a day. which seemed pretty ridiculous. i mean, who has three spare hours a day? to do anything? seriously, some people don't even sleep that much.
well, for some reason this year i've gained the motivation to actually practice multiple hours a day. unfortunately, each day still only holds twenty-four hours. which presents a problem. do i study for my three tests this week, or do i practice four hours a day? guess which one i choose. i'll give you a hint. it's not the first one.
pretty sure i haven't studied at ALL for my music history test friday. i have a test tomorrow in foundations of ed and a test thursday in precalc, cough cough, both of which, needless to say, don't especially concern me. but pretty sure history is going to slap me in the earlobe pretty dang hard.
i'm not sure if this newfound love of the practice room is actually founded in anything real, or if it's just linked to my, how shall i say, "psychological developments" of late regarding my music education; in which case, it will probably go away in a few weeks. i will say this, having ambition isn't all it's cracked up to be. like, right now, i have ambition to be blogging and STILL no ambition to be studying. and i have ambition to still be hacking away at ol' mr. wieniawski, currently resting in the ol' violin case. but neither of those is going to help me identify identical-sounding pieces of ancient greek musical literature in no seconds flat. kyrie eleison.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I just found this thing, and I enjoyed reading it. I didn't even know that you had a link to my xanga...craziness.
God bless, and good luck with all that practicing.

8:10 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss you..good luck with your tests!

6:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home