all my little plans and schemes - nothing but a bunch of dreams. all i really needed to do - was maybe some love. i don't expect you to understand - the kingdom of heaven is in your hand. i don't expect you to wake from your dreams - too late for pride now it seems. why must we be alone? it's real, love - yes, it's real. -- john lennon

Saturday, July 26, 2008

I am moving. I am moving very, very soon. I will have my own walls and my own floors and my own bed and my own empty bank account and my own lack of job at Marlins (huzzah!) I have two job interviews next week.

http://www.alongcamemusic.com/

http://www.sotrmusic.com/

And... I own a tool box.

And now, I will give you a taste of Army Band off-duty hours (this is one of many products of a late-night improvised poetry session). There may have been a few drinks involved. Imagine, if you will, a dark room with a lit candle in the middle, and accompaniment of wind chimes and - no kidding - didgeridoo.

Marsupials in the fall
Hamsters have claws
Cold sores
and anal beads
This wasn't in the contract
Shit!


I wouldn't have guessed it, but I already miss being there. It was fun being on band tour again. That hasn't happened since Mexico with the NWC band. Although, as I was telling Jenna, the fact that after Army band concerts there is alcohol allowed on the bus gives it a subtly different flavor from NWC band tour.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home