all my little plans and schemes - nothing but a bunch of dreams. all i really needed to do - was maybe some love. i don't expect you to understand - the kingdom of heaven is in your hand. i don't expect you to wake from your dreams - too late for pride now it seems. why must we be alone? it's real, love - yes, it's real. -- john lennon

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I love Memorial Park. I love that place. I love sprawling out alone next to the river, listening to the trees and the water, and singing to myself as people walk by and give me weird looks. I love it.

Also - I love marathon phone calls. I believe I talked to Becky last night for two hours and forty-five minutes. I love you man.

I think that our biggest downfall as a race is our inability to understand things outside of our own perspective. I think everyone is out to validate themselves and no one is really looking for anything other than that, whether or not my own self validation has anything to do with absolute truth, whatever the eff that is. I don't think we will ever change for the better until we stop making it our top objective to convert each other. Instead - shouldn't the goal just be to love? That is SO uncomplicated.

I think Jesus planned his ministry around the understanding that everything he said (and didn't say) would be paraphrased, translated, misunderstood, and misinterpreted time and time and time again, like a millenia-long game of telephone. So he kept it simple, like: "hey guys, there are a lot of proverbs and riddles I can tell you, but if there's one thing you can take away from this, one concept you should remember about me, it's just to love each other."

I don't know. Everyone says the message of "salvation" should be simple, but is it possible that it can really be whittled down to one word? I hope so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home