all my little plans and schemes - nothing but a bunch of dreams. all i really needed to do - was maybe some love. i don't expect you to understand - the kingdom of heaven is in your hand. i don't expect you to wake from your dreams - too late for pride now it seems. why must we be alone? it's real, love - yes, it's real. -- john lennon

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

a song is something that walks by itself

News:

I accidentally have a new violin bow named Nigel. Also, Sandra is fixed. I am pleased.

The movie I'm Not There is incredible. Not just because it's about Bob Dylan. It would be incredible anyway. You should go watch it.

I am going to work today at 2. Yuck.

Jenna's niece was born yesterday, Kamryn Ann.

I graduated a few weeks ago.

About every other day or so I decide that I'm going to drop the music thing altogether, and go fix world hunger. I hover between being a complete cynic and a complete idealist, depending on what time of the month it is, and/or how much coffee I've had.

I went to the doctor today for a physical, and the nurse did the whole small-talk "so what are you doing with your life?" thing, and I told her I want to go to grad school for violin performance. She asked me if I was planning on getting my degree online. I laughed but then found out she wasn't making a joke and then I felt a little bad.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

i laughed when i read this, but then i stopped to ponder what kind of coursework an online violin performance graduate degree would require...hmmm.

5:43 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home