all my little plans and schemes - nothing but a bunch of dreams. all i really needed to do - was maybe some love. i don't expect you to understand - the kingdom of heaven is in your hand. i don't expect you to wake from your dreams - too late for pride now it seems. why must we be alone? it's real, love - yes, it's real. -- john lennon

Sunday, February 03, 2008

on a sunday...

Aubrey: "Violists, please circle the mezzo-piano in your parts at measure 43."
Violist #1 (raises hand): "Can we go get ice cream?"
Violist #2 (raises hand): "I'm going to Maine this summer."

Update: Middle schoolers have ADD. And for the record, I have never witnessed an orchestra in which all the divas are in the viola section. Interesting phenomenon.


Also, three weeks from today and the grad school-related cycle of panic, self-hatred and despair will be DONE. And I am going to sleep twelve hours every night. And I will not have twelve people walking by my practice room at 11 every Friday night looking at me judgingly, thinking, how sad that that girl has no social life. Not that I blame them, because it's completely true.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home