all my little plans and schemes - nothing but a bunch of dreams. all i really needed to do - was maybe some love. i don't expect you to understand - the kingdom of heaven is in your hand. i don't expect you to wake from your dreams - too late for pride now it seems. why must we be alone? it's real, love - yes, it's real. -- john lennon

Saturday, January 21, 2006

some stuff

I have learned that it's nearly impossle to view anything objectively. It is also pointless to assume that anyone's perspective of anything, or anyone, can possibly be complete and unbiased.

So how do I find truth? Whom do I trust? Myself? Friends? Which ones? When opinions differ, whose do I believe? The ones that affirm mine? The ones that are easiest to believe, or the ones that are hardest?

Is it possible, or moral, to live as if no one is watching, to be content in knowing my true intentions without worrying about outside perceptions? Should I have to regulate my actions just in case someone thinks they're different than they were actually intended?

God knows what's true. I guess that's what absolute truth is. But it is arrogant to think that I or anyone can find that on any level, from the character of God to the character of individual men. True, I don't have a clear view of myself. I sometimes like to think that I'm better than I actually am. I also many times think that I'm more worthless than I actually am. No one else sees me as I really am, either. So I guess the answer is to be pure in God's eyes, and try not to worry about the opinion of people.

I'm thinking that's not going to be an easy task.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home