all my little plans and schemes - nothing but a bunch of dreams. all i really needed to do - was maybe some love. i don't expect you to understand - the kingdom of heaven is in your hand. i don't expect you to wake from your dreams - too late for pride now it seems. why must we be alone? it's real, love - yes, it's real. -- john lennon

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

something

I heard. I saw. I thought, for awhile. I tried, to make myself care. I tried, but not too hard. I tried to make my stomach turn. It wouldn't. It knew. It knew.

I ate dinners.

I saw again. Not me, I said.

I took naps. Wrote papers. Said complaints. Sang pitches. Slept hard.

Then I heard. I talked. I wondered. How horrible.

Went back to bed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tracey said...

You are good. And I mean that in a huge variety of ways. Love yourself.

2:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home