all my little plans and schemes - nothing but a bunch of dreams. all i really needed to do - was maybe some love. i don't expect you to understand - the kingdom of heaven is in your hand. i don't expect you to wake from your dreams - too late for pride now it seems. why must we be alone? it's real, love - yes, it's real. -- john lennon

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

"with all we've had to go through, we'll end up twice as strong"

I am currently eating an excellent Fuji apple with Peter Pan peanut butter and listening to The Last Five Years.

Certain music reminds me of certain times of my life. I haven't listened to this in forever. Strangely, The Last Five Years makes me think of basic training. I used to write out the lyrics in my little notebook during those awesome classes in Red Phase, pretending to take notes in an attempt to not fall asleep. I should have been learning about proper uniform wear and the history of some military tradition or other. Instead, I scribbled frantically all the words I could remember.

I could never remember the words to "Goodbye til Tomorrow." When I listen to that song I don't hear the words. I hear the music.

I couldn't really hear the music during those classes, either. I could hear the little rhythmic motif at the beginning, that b-natural banging out in the bass. I could remember the part that said, "I open myself, one stitch at a time." Nothing else. So I wrote that. More than once, I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home