all my little plans and schemes - nothing but a bunch of dreams. all i really needed to do - was maybe some love. i don't expect you to understand - the kingdom of heaven is in your hand. i don't expect you to wake from your dreams - too late for pride now it seems. why must we be alone? it's real, love - yes, it's real. -- john lennon

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

How amazing it is when students practice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I just made a student really uncomfortable by how excited/emotional I got during his lesson. He's probably 6'4" and a "guy" guy, sporty, whatever. We can't have lessons in the basement like the rest of my students because he's so tall his bow hits the ceiling. And this week, he practiced. If he worked that hard every week he would be outplaying me in no time. I almost swore two separate times during his lesson out of stunned euphoria. Holy frick, if I would have known how happy teachers get when students live up to their potential maybe I would have practiced harder when I was in high school. J.S. Bach is pleased. As am I. Man, I'm so excited I'm pitting out. I need to go for a walk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home