all my little plans and schemes - nothing but a bunch of dreams. all i really needed to do - was maybe some love. i don't expect you to understand - the kingdom of heaven is in your hand. i don't expect you to wake from your dreams - too late for pride now it seems. why must we be alone? it's real, love - yes, it's real. -- john lennon

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

take me back all 41 years...

duct tape provided a temporary fix, but you can still see the crack. Tear!! (see previous post...)

If I were a philosophy major or an aspiring Bohemian, I would compare that to my life.

I think I need a change of scenery. And friggen stuff to DO. I've spent more time staring at electronic screens in the past few weeks than most people do in...you know, a comparable span of time.

The Last Five Years....absolutely amazing. Without words. None. See Tracey's blog. Much more eloquently put.

I'm really bad at living "in the moment" or whatever. No matter what I'm doing, I'm always looking ahead to something else. I can only think of a select few times in the past while when I was completely content with where I was, when I wished a moment would last longer than it did. A string quartet concert, a theatrical production...that's all I got. Twice. Two times in the past year.

Things like that are few and far between for me. Ever since that whole friggen basic training thing I have the hardest time knowing what to do with my inner drama queen. She's suppressed...the moments when she wants to come out she only makes me look pissy and unapproachable. That's what's so cool about the arts - every once in awhile you find a moment that stands still, that you can box up and hide away, take it out when you need it, when nothing three-dimensional is sufficient to express what mess is going on in your head. It's like a secret to yourself - you can't use it to make other people understand, but you can use it to understand yourself a little bit more. Maybe someday I'll reach a point where I can translate my feelings into art - right now I'm not nearly mature enough for that.

Peace out, players.

P.S. - Bob Dylan tickets came today. FREAKOUT

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home