all my little plans and schemes - nothing but a bunch of dreams. all i really needed to do - was maybe some love. i don't expect you to understand - the kingdom of heaven is in your hand. i don't expect you to wake from your dreams - too late for pride now it seems. why must we be alone? it's real, love - yes, it's real. -- john lennon

Thursday, December 14, 2006

tidbits?

Some funny things that have happened:



I went to get my outline from Kugler the other day and he was wearing a large blue and white plaid flannel shirt tucked into camo army pants. Poor guy.

Some guy has thought it appropriate to use the corner practice room (my usual place of practice) to house his belongings. It started with a guitar and a guitar amp. After a week or so, I wrote this amp a letter. It said:
"Dear HUGE guitar amp,
Why the crap are you in here?!?!?!!?
Love,
annoyed music majors"
He moved it next to the piano instead of on the chair. But then he moved it back to the chair. And not only are his two guitars, two bookbags, and amp in this practice room, but now he has installed his laptop computer into the mix. WHO DOES THAT?? I laughed for a long time. Because laughing is funner than being annoyed.

SHOSTAKOVICH. BAROQUE PASSACAGLIA. AEOLIAN D. i'm not at liberty to elaborate on this one, but it was kind of a highlight of my life.

Finally played LOTR Trivial Pursuit yesterday after planning on it like ALL YEAR. I like that game because when I'm playing it I take it really really really seriously. But it doesn't actually count for anything. I don't think so, anyway.

I was practicing something or other last night at 11 or so when Dr. Wooldridge knocked on my door with a large pizza box.
"Aubrey, would you like some pizza?" he said all Christian-like.
"Erm...full...shouldn't...I ate cookies..."
"Well, in case you change your mind!!" He set it on the piano.
Of course I was going to eat it, of course I was. I opened the box expecting two or three good slices of pizza.
There was one half of a piece. It was cold.
He didn't want to take his trash out, I bet you anything.

Blast it. No one is ever there to share these things with me.



Monday after my music history final I watched about fifteen minutes of Fellowship of the Ring before falling asleep for an hour or so. It was arguably the best nap anyone has ever had.

I talked to Ruthie the other day!!!! on the phone!!!!!!!

Morningside. jury. is. tomorrow. Yes, it's happening. Disregard previous post. These people keep playing with my emotions. It makes me want to push my eye into my brain. And swirl it around. I'm kind of a spazz. They are just people. Seriously guys.

It will all be over soon. Two finals and a jury. Final stretch, y'all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home