all my little plans and schemes - nothing but a bunch of dreams. all i really needed to do - was maybe some love. i don't expect you to understand - the kingdom of heaven is in your hand. i don't expect you to wake from your dreams - too late for pride now it seems. why must we be alone? it's real, love - yes, it's real. -- john lennon

Sunday, December 24, 2006

I completely pirated this from TP, but I love it so much I had to post it..because... it's, you know, easier to.. see ...on my blog than ...hers. Mm hmm.

These are from John Lennon.

"I don't want to grow up but I'm sick of not growing up...I'll find a different way of not growing up. There's a better way of doing it than torturing your body. And then your mind. The guilt! It's just so dumb...I have this great fear of this normal thing. You know, the ones that passed their exams, the ones that went to their jobs, the ones that didn't become rock and rollers, the ones that settle for it, settled for it, settled for the deal! That's what I'm trying to avoid. But I'm sick of avoiding it with violence, you know? I've gotta do it some other way. I think I will. I think just the face that I've realized it is a good step forward."

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination."

"Our society is driven by neurotic speed and force, accelerated by greed and the frustration of not being able to live up to the image of men and women we have created for ourselves--an image which has nothing to do with the reality of people...In such an image-driven culture, a piece of reality like a child becomes a direct threat to our very false existence."

"If art were to redeem man, it could do so only by saving him from the seriousness of life and restoring him to an unexpected boyishness."

Have a happy Christmas, all y'all, and hopefully I will get my shopping done one of these days. Or hours. Ahem.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tracey said...

I love you, lady. I wish I could've been in Kmart with you and John. I got an awesome pictoral Beatles book today...and there's (of course) an absolutely hilarious one of Ringo. Happy Christmas!

9:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home